KarmaMood Maximum Strength St John's Wort Tablets
Couldn't load pickup availability
St John’s Wort extract 425mg. 30 & 60 tablets.
(equivalent to 1490-2550mg of St John’s Wort)
Precision formulated in Germany to pharmaceutical standard
- To lift low mood
- To relieve symptoms of mild anxiety
A traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of slightly low mood and mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the label
Herbal Medicines are regulated in the UK by the MHRA. Only buy from registered suppliers. Click here to see our official approval.
Adults and the elderly
Take 1 tablet daily. Swallow the tablets whole with some water or other liquid. Do not chew the tablets.
Do not exceed the stated dose
Each coated tablet of this product contains 425mg of extract (as dry extract) from St John’s Wort aerial parts (Hypericum perforatum L.) (3.5-6:1) (equivalent to 1490-2550mg of St John’s Wort). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60%v|v.
This product also contains the following ingredients:
Tablet core: Maltodextrin, silica colloidal anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, sodium starch glycolate (Type A), magnesium stearate.
Coating: Hypromellose, sucrose, talc, calcium carbonate E170, tragacanth, acacia, liquid glucose (dry substance), titanium dioxide E171, iron oxide hydrate E172 (yellow iron oxide), vanillin, beeswax white, carnauba wax, shellac.
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product. Each tablet contains 6mg of glucose and 234mg of sucrose.
Each pack contains 30, 60 or 90 coated tablets.
Interactions & Advice
DO NOT TAKE this product if:
- you are under 18 years of age
- you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients)
- you are lactose intolerant (react badly to lactose or milk)
- your skin is exceptionally sensitive to sunlight (photosensitive)
- you are having light treatment (phototherapy) for any condition
- you are suffering from depression (see below)
Suffering from depression?
Symptoms of depression include feelings of helplessness and hopelessness, loss of interest in daily activities, appetite or weight changes, sleep changes, loss of energy and difficulty concentrating. If your doctor has told you that you are suffering from depression do not use this product. If you think that you may be suffering from depression you should tell your doctor.
Tell your doctor before using this product if you have an intolerance to some sugars (see ingredients).
While you are taking this product:
- avoid excessive sunbathing or the use of sunbeds/solariums
- stop using it at least 10 days prior to undergoing any surgery
- Driving and operating machinery
In rare cases St John’s Wort may make you feel dizzy or sleepy. If affected do not drive or use machines.
Taking this product with other medicines
St John’s Wort can affect the way some medicines work and reduce their effectiveness. Medicines that can be affected by St John’s Wort include prescription medicines, and those that you may have bought yourself without a prescription.
Therefore it is important that you do not take St John’s Wort if you are using any of the medicines listed in the table opposite.
DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU ARE TAKING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MEDICINES
- All hormonal contraceptives
- The birth control ‘Pill’, emergency contraception, hormonal implants, creams, patches, intra-uterine devices with hormones.
- All medicines for depression/anxiety
- Amitriptyline, clomipramine, moclobemide, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline, duloxetine, venlafaxine.
- All hormonal replacement therapy (HRT) treatments
- HRT tablets, patches, gels, vaginal rings
- All medicines for thinning the blood (anticoagulants)
- Warfarin, acenocoumarol
- All medicines for epilepsy
- Carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, primidone, sodium valproate
- All immunosuppressant medicines
- Ciclosporin, tacrolimus
- All medicines for HIV infections
- Amprenavir, atazanavir, darunavir, fosamprenavir, indinavir, lopinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir, efavirenz, nevirapine, delavirdine
- Some medicines for cholesterol
- Simvastatin, atorvastatin
- Some medicines for cancer
- Irinotecan, dasatinib, erlotinib, imatinib, sorafenib, sunitinib, etoposide, mitotane
- Some medicines for heart disease
- Digoxin, ivabradine, amiodarone
- Some medicines for migraines
- Almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, zolmitriptan
- Some medicines for high blood pressure
- Amlodipine, nifedipine, felodipine, verapamil
- A medicine for regulating mood
- A thyroid hormone
St John’s Wort may also affect the following medicines. Therefore do not take this product with these medicines unless a doctor has said it is safe to do so:
- fentanyl, propofol, sevoflurane, and midazolam (anaesthetics/pre-operative medicines)
- tramadol (an analgesic)
- erythromycin, clarithromycin and telithromycin (antibiotics)
- itraconazole and voriconazole (antifungals)
- artemether and lumefantrine (antimalarials)
- rasagiline (an anti-Parkinson’s medicine)
- aripiprazole (an antipsychotic medicine)
- buspirone (an anxiolytic)
- aprepitant (used to treat post-operative vomiting)
- butobarbital and phenobarbital (barbiturates)
- methyl phenidate (a central nervous system or CNS stimulant)
- exemestane (a hormone antagonist)
- eplerenone (a diuretic)
- lansoprazole and omeprazole (proton pump inhibitors)
- theophylline (a bronchodilator).
- gliclazide (an antidiabetic medicine)
If you take too much of this product (overdose)
If you take more than the recommended dose, speak to a doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare practitioner and take this leaflet with you.
If you forget to take this product
Continue to take your usual dose at the usual time, it does not matter if you have missed a dose.
If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please ask your doctor, pharmacist or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Like all medicines, this product can have side-effects, although the frequency is unknown. These side-effects are listed below.
- digestive upsets such as indigestion, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation
- fatigue and restlessness
- allergic skin reactions such as rash, hives or itching
- Stop taking this product immediately if you experience an allergic reaction.
These include headaches, nerve pain or tingling (neuropathy), anxiety, dizziness and mania. Also sunburn-like reactions in skin exposed to strong ultraviolet (UV) irradiation (e.g. sun, solarium) have been reported, particularly in fair-skinned individuals.
If you notice any other side-effect not mentioned above or any side effect becomes serious, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side-effects
If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes and possible side-effects not listed in this information. You can also report any side-effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side-effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
After taking this product
You must speak to a qualified healthcare practitioner if your symptoms worsen, if they do not improve after six weeks, or if any side-effect becomes serious or if side-effects not mentioned in this information occur.
How to store this product
Do not use your tablets after the expiry date. Return any out-of-date tablets to your pharmacist who will dispose of them for you. The expiry date is printed on the box and the blister pack.
Store the tablets in a cool dry place. Do not store the tablets in a place where the temperature goes above 25°C.
Keep the tablets out of the reach and sight of children.
Keep your tablets in the blister pack until it is time to take them.
Delivery and Shipping
Delivery and Shipping
All UK orders are despatched, via Royal Mail 48 hour tracked delivery, within 24 hours if the order is placed Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Orders placed on weekends are despatched the next working day.
Part of the Schwabe Range
Schwabe Pharma is the leading manufacturer of traditional herbal medicines worldwide and manufactures a range of licensed traditional herbal remedies and quality food supplements.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.